History of Our School

 

St. Nicholas’ Primary School first opened its doors on July 12 1926, next door to the Town Hall Theatre and opposite the Courthouse in Waterside, Woodquay. Buckland Buildings which was a Georgian house built in 1835, became the location for our school.

To this day, St. Nicholas’ is still serving the Youth of Galway providing an excellent and rich education, where the children achieve to the best of their ability.

The school has a low pupil teacher ratio, large spacious classrooms and high tech IT facilities.

Our school aims to create a safesecure and sustainable learning environment where children feel valued and happy.